The Ministry of Home Affairs through the Directorate General of Dukcapil noted that there were 6,577,916 cases of moving-and-coming Indonesian residents throughout 2021.
This is known based on the release of the Second Semester of 2021 Population Data from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Also based on the release, it is known that Bogor Regency is the district with the largest population, namely 5,327,131 people.
Meanwhile, the district with the least population fell to Supiori Regency (Papua) with a population of only 24,855 people.
Director General of Dukcapil, Prof. Zudan Arif Fakrulloh said, the Ministry of Home Affairs is indeed actively releasing population aggregate data per semester.
“This is to show the public how dynamic the population phenomenon in Indonesia is,” said Zudan from the dukcapil.kemendagri.co.id page on Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
In total, Indonesia’s population in 2021 is 273,879,750 people. There was an increase of 2,529,861 people compared to the previous year.
Of the total 273 million people, 138,303,472 people are men (50.5 percent), while the other 135,576,278 are women (49.5 percent).
“The power of God Almighty makes the number of male population more than female,” said Zudan.
“Our database also records reports of the birth of a population of 691,259 people, and the death of a population of 1,580,865 people,” he concluded.