REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, Jakarta – The National Police stated that they are monitoring the online sales of antibiotics commonly used during the Covid19 pandemic. Monitor sales on these online sites to predict shortages and price games of these types of drugs.
“The National Police is monitoring the purchase and sale of antibiotics in online vendors, “The head of the Public Relations Department of National Police Argo Yuwono, the Inspector General of the National Police, told the Jakarta media team on Monday (5/7).
In addition to online, the National Police also directly supervises pharmaceutical manufacturing plants and distribution channels. This is to avoid hoarding, and the government has set the highest retail price offered by retailers.
“Today, it is also being monitored by pharmaceutical factories, including their distribution channels,” Argo added.
In this case, Argo stressed that for dishonest distributors and other sellers, if they hoard and raise unreasonable prices, the police will not hesitate or resist taking firm action.
“Whoever violates will be dealt with immediately,” Argo said.
According to Argo, with regard to drugs and medical equipment, General Listyo Sigit Prabowo, Chief of the National Police, issued an emergency PPKM through the Indonesian National Police Criminal Investigation Bureau Komjen Agus Andrianto Java Bali. The telegram letter numbered ST / 173 / VII / HUK / 7.1. / 2021 is related to the higher retail prices (HET) of medicines and medical equipment during the Covid19 pandemic.
In this letter from Telegram to Kapolda, as an order, it contains five main points, including:
1. Supervise the compliance of all parties to implement emergency PPKM and drug HET control during the Covid pandemic.
2. Severely crack down on the behavior of commercial actors who hoard and sell drugs that exceed HET, which makes it difficult for people to obtain drugs and medical equipment.
3. Strictly enforce the law and crack down on behaviors that hamper all government efforts to respond to the Covid19 outbreak, including the spread of fake news / hoaxes.
4. Investigate, understand and coordinate with the Public Ministry to understand the terms applicable to the perpetrators of criminal acts during the Covid-19 pandemic.
5. Report the results of the activity to the Chief of Police and Kabareskrim.